The data controller is Naylor’s Equestrian LLP, referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”.
Naylor’s Equestrian LLP is committed to protecting your personal data and we have published this notice to help you understand how, why and on what basis we collect information from you, what we do with your information and what your rights are. We will also explain how we store and handle your data, and how we keep it safe.
We hope the following information will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
You can access and browse our website without disclosing your personal data, however when you register with us, subscribe to our emails and place an order with us you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself.
You do not have to provide any personal information to us but, if you do not provide your personal information, then you may not be able to buy from us and you might not get the best customer experience available.
Legal bases we rely on
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to personal data. Anybody who processes personal data must have a lawful basis in order to process the data; Naylor’s Equestrian LLP collects and processes your personal data for a number of reasons as detailed below:
With your consent, we will collect and process your personal data for marketing reasons. We will always make it clear what data we require from you in order to do this and you can opt out at any time.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. If you place an order with us via our website or over the telephone, we will require your contact details and payments details so we can process, fulfil and despatch your order.
There may be times, if required by the law, that we will need to collect and process personal details. If requested by law enforcement, we can provide the details of individuals involved in fraudulent or criminal activity.
In some situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business. We want to provide you with the best products and service and we may use your personal information to help us do this. For example, your purchase history and the way you browse our website helps us to identify trends and also allows us to make sure our website gives you the best shopping experience. Using your information in this way does not materially impact your rights, freedoms or interests.
What information do we hold?
We hold the following information:
- Information relating to any purchases you make with us either via our website, on the telephone and in some cases, in our stores. This information includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, date and time of purchase and any feedback that you give to us. We need this information to be able to fulfil, process and despatch your order to you. We may also need to contact you with information relating to your order or delivery of your order;
- Information you provide to us when registering an account with us. This information includes your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address and payment details;
- Your account login details including your username and password;
- Information about your computer, about your visits to our website and your use of our website. This information includes your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visits and number of page views;
- Details of the interactions with us via our website. Information including items viewed or added to your basket, brands and products you show interest in, wish list choices and how you arrived at our website;
- Details of the emails you receive from us, including whether that email has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within the email. We want to make sure we are providing the best service to you and that you are receiving emails that are relevant to you;
- Your comments and product reviews;
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our stores;
- Your social media username. This allows us to respond to your queries, comments or feedback made via social media.
When do we collect your information?
- When you visit our website;
- When you use your account to buy products;
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest;
- When you create an account with us;
- When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account;
- When you engage with us on social media;
- When you join our in-store loyalty scheme;
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc;
- When you enter prize draws or competitions;
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you;
- When you comment on or review our products and services;
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens in store;
- When you’ve given a third-party permission to share with us the information they hold about you;
- We collect data from publicly-available sources (such as Land Registry) when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law; and
- When you use our car parks and shops which usually have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and colleagues. These systems may record your image during your visit.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To send you goods you have purchased from us. Without information such as card payment details, your address and your contact details we are unable to fulfil, process and despatch your order to you;
- To improve your browsing experience with us. We use the information collected to help personalise the website to give you the best possible website experience;
- To deal with enquiries or complaints made by or about you relating to our business;
- To provide suitable aftercare relating to a purchase made with us, for example, refunds and faulty replacements;
- To compile statistical information about our websites by sending data to third parties such as Google Analytics;
- To send you marketing information. We will send you marketing communications where you have not told us that you wish to unsubscribe and where you have purchased products from us. This includes using your personal information, your browsing history and your purchase history to contact you via email, SMS or push notifications to inform you of relevant products, special offers, discounts, promotions, competitions etc;
- To protect our business and you from fraud and other illegal activities;
- To improve our products and services – we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service, our range of products and our shopping experience and we are constantly looking to improve our website, your browsing experience and our services;
- We operate CCTV in our stores to protect our customers, our premises, our assets and our staff from crime;
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter. Your consent will be requested at the point of entering;
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide; and
- Provide you with online advertising.
Who we share your information with
You may like to share information through social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram when using our website. If you “like”, “share” or review our products, posts or services your personal information may be available to the providers of these social networks. It is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts according to how you would like your data to be used and shared.
We sometimes share your data with trusted third parties. We use third parties to perform some functions on our behalf like delivering your order, providing marketing assistance, analysing data and processing credit card payments. Some of the third parties we share your information with are:
- Delivery couriers – to deliver your order;
- Fraud management – to protect both you and ourselves from fraudulent activity;
- Direct marketing companies – these companies help us manage our electronic communications with you; and
- Google, Facebook and other trusted third parties – to show you products based on your browsing history. This is based on your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our website.
Naylor’s Equestrian LLP will not share your information with third parties other than those trusted third parties described above.
Please be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory body or the Government to provide your information, we are entitled to do so in compliance with our legal obligations.
International transfers of your information
If you are based outside of the UK and place an order with us, we will need to transfer your data outside of the UK to trusted third parties. We need to do this in order to comply with our contractual basis with you, so we can fulfil, process and despatch your order.
If you are based outside of the EEA and place an order with us, we will need to transfer your data outside of the EEA to trusted third parties. We need to do this in order to comply with our contractual basis with you, so we can fulfil, process and despatch your order.
We may transfer your personal information to our trusted service providers, some of which are based outside of the EEA. We will only transfer your personal information for the marketing purposes described in this policy or as described above if you are based outside of the EEA yourself.
If we do transfer your data internationally, as detailed above, we will follow the principles of this Privacy Notice and any applicable laws. We are committed to protecting your personal data.
- Right to be informed - You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data;
- Right to rectification - You have the right to request the correction of your personal data when incorrect, incomplete or out of date;
- Right to access - You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you, this is often requested via a ‘Subject Access Request’;
- Right to object - You have the right to request that we stop using your data for marketing purposes if you withdraw your consent;
- Right to restriction of processing - You have the right to request the restriction or that we stop processing your personal data in some circumstances. You would be permitting us to store your information but not to use/process your information; and
- Right to erasure - You have the right to request your personal data be erased if we are not entitled to use it anymore.
Please contact us as detailed below if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your data protection regulator, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), if you feel your personal information has been or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with the GDPR. This is your right, however, we encourage you to contact us directly as detailed below so we may investigate and rectify any concerns or issues you may have.
How long do we keep your information for?
We hold your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. We will always retain your information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing emails from us, we will remove you from our mailing list with immediate effect. Your data will be stored until it is no longer necessary on the basis of our legitimate business interest, but you will no longer receive marketing material from us.
Protecting your personal data is as important to us as it is to you. We treat your data with care and take appropriate steps to protect it.
- We store your personal data on the secure servers of our web service provider;
- We use SSL encryption technology in all our electronic transactions;
- We take technical and organisational precautions to ensure the security of your data and prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data; and
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer, phone or other web enabled device when you visit the Naylor’s Equestrian LLP website. Cookies do not contain any confidential information and are not harmful.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Your web browser remembers these cookies and, when you return to a website, sends the cookies back so the website can remember things like your preferences and your login details. Cookies do many different jobs from allowing a website to function correctly and effectively, so you can enjoy your shopping experience, to ensuring you view adverts that are relevant to you and your interests.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential to allow you to move around our website and use its features. Without these cookies, our website will not function properly and services you have asked for like putting items into your shopping basket or logging into your account cannot be done.
These cookies collect information about how you use our website, but they do not collect information that identifies you. The data collected by these cookies is used to improve how our website works, like telling us what pages you go to most often and if you get any error messages.
These cookies allow our website to remember the choices you have made so that you get a more enhanced and personalised shopping experience. These cookies allow our website to remember things like your username and your chosen language.
Targeting and advertising cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits so advertising can be tailored to your interests and is relevant to you. They allow us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and also make sure that you don’t see the same advert too often. These cookies are set by us or by carefully selected third parties that we work with.
Opting out of cookies
Each browser is different, so check the 'help' menu of your browser to learn how to manage and change your cookie preferences. For further information on cookies please visit www.youronlinechoices.com or www.allaboutcookies.org.
This policy was last updated on 22nd September 2021.
Write to us:
Data Protection Enquiries
Naylor’s Equestrian LLP
100 Mellor Street